Bravest Warriors #24 is coming out next week, with this cover I did for it! Here’s some of the process work - I included some explanations this time. I don’t know if it’ll be helpful at all or just… verbose… but hopefully there’s something useful in there :>
2. Tight sketch
3. Rough values painted underneath the sketch
4. Value painting on top of the sketch to tighten things up
5. Flat colors! Regular area fill for set pieces, and a few color/overlay layers to quickly indicate hues in the painting
6. Set lighting: using multiply layers to indicate the overall scene lighting raking across the wall, working out how that will interact with the portrait painting and lead the eye. Also continuing to paint in regular layers on top of the portrait.
7. Warming/brightening up the scene lighting, picking out highlights on the frame, softening some form shadow edges to add dimension, adding some rimlight to Catbug. Continuing to work up the portrait. Adding occlusion shadows under the frame and curtains.
8. Using a lighten layer to better expose and unify the areas of the scene struck by light. Lightening the shadow areas a bit to raise overall tone and prevent stuff from getting lost or too dark.
9. Pushing the lights even further to get a stronger afternoon-light feel and create better separation between light and shadow. Adding a soft glow around the light edges. And dust mote sparkles! :>
Reblogging as this is very important.
sometimes things are tough but look at this bun
Comic strip artists from the 40’s draw their characters while blindfolded
It’s about 20 degrees cooler in this shade
"Do you get back to see your family a lot? Do you go back to Massachusetts?"
"Um, yeah. I wanna get back to Boston more. I was supposed to go home for Easter, but, I’m sort of terrified of Easter, because… eight years ago I knocked out my two front teeth, during a blindfolded Easter egg hunt."
Buying Roosterteeth/Achievement Hunter shirts is like buying a personal joke
Fact: Today (September 23rd) is bisexuality awareness day. Be aware of bisexuals. They are dangerous.
- hey bro
- broseidon, god of the brocean
- brotato chip
- brotein shake
- brosef stalin
- barack brobama
- teddy brosevelt
- don quibrote
- adrien brody
- gallilebro gallilei
- napoleon bronaparte
- brobo cop
- leonardo dicapribro
- broseph mengele
- bro nye the science guy
- selena bromez
- broey deschanel
- bro dimaggio
- wolfgang amadaeus brozart
- brohemian rhapsody
- osama bro laden
- mighty bro young
- brodo the hobbit bro
- broprah winfrey
- broby dick
- abroham lincoln
- what’s up